Friday, June 18, 2010

Slowing down time

(All 4 kids.....watching a movie on our floor!)
I love summer. I love that we had a whole bunch of nothing planned this week! I love having my kids alllllll to myself in the summer. But, today just seemed like a perfect day.
We did have chores to complete, I still changed messy diapers and held a very heavy one year old who did not sleep well the previous night and with a husband out of town that meant no sleep for me either.
However, amongst all the normal day to day activities I had so much fun. We wrote a bucket list of what we wanted to do this summer and started right on it!

::Park tour- Which was so fun.. but 2 of our kids were outside for 5 minutes with out sunblock and got burnt! Sorry Savannah and Bronson. I will try to remember the sun LOVES your skin.
::School lunch-I make lunch and then the girls have to pick out what food they want and pay for it! (They LOVE this)
::Bike ride-Which made a detour to visit the goats and chickens.
::Movie night in our room. We watched tooth fairy and even Bronson stayed for a minute! I love to see them all cuddled up!

I felt like it was the "perfect" day because I was present in the moments and felt like I made a bigger effort in soaking it in all up today. I think I wanna do it again tomorrow....

2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow- that was a pretty packed day! You really know how to live it up in the summertime! :)

Dawn said...

Liz, I will have to post the list of things the girls want to do!! School starts so quickly so there is no time to waste!