Sunday, June 27, 2010

Letting go


I know this is apart of parenthood. But, no one tells you how hard it is. We are raising our kids to be adults so at some point in their lives I have to let go.
:: I don't know if this is just because Bronson is the youngest of 4. But, I have to let go with all the demands I use to make my other girls do. If he wants to eat his granola bar and plum with out help from me and make a big heaping mess and be as happy as a clam....So be it! I am happy for him. I know I can just wash him off in the splash pad later (:

::Our oldest asked to sit in my lap during church a little while ago. And I let her. It was difficult since she weights 50 lbs and I can no longer see over her head, but I also know that she is growing up so darn fast that it was probably the last time she will ask. I hate letting this one go. Now when we walk in the halls and everyone is holding hands she lets go when other people are around....OK this one breaks my heart a little, but I guess it would look a bit weird sitting in my lap when she is 6 feet tall!
::Someone once told me that our second child was going to be wild and crazy till she is 30! I am glad that I have let go the expectations of how others think of us. Who ever said children are like clay and all you do is mold them into what you want them to be is a load of crap! I think children are who they are. All 4 of our kids are SO unique and we have to parent differently for each of them. So even if our kids are Wild and Crazy...we love them just the way they are!
::I am sure there will be alot more letting go to come..............................

No comments: