Tuesday, February 08, 2011

The REALITY of 5 Pregnancies!!

The reality of being pregnant 5 times.....I don't know how the Duggers do it!
  • I have to wear support socks everywhere.  In the picture I am wearing tube socks over my old lady socks to the gym.  Not a fashion statement here!  The old lady socks are compression socks for my legs.  I think I have broken every blood vessel in my calves so they look like lumpy waves all over and hurt like no other!! Yea Varicose Veins and spider veins ROCK.
  • I sleep with 5-6 pillows.  And even with all the pillows I average 2-5 hours of sleep per night.
  • With each pregnancy I manage to gain more weight with each and every kid.  I know its hard to do, but I have done it and done it well!
  • This baby wants to be different than the rest and is STILL completely BREECH.
  • I have no patience....wait....I lost that 3 kids ago!!
  • I got rid of all my maternity clothes after Bronson.  And I refuse to buy any...I hate them anyways.  So I stuff myself into what ever I can get into....and when that doesn't work I just wear Alan's clothes (:
  • Due to having 4 previous kids, most of my normal clothes are stretchy and have elastic waist bands.  So that means I can wear the same clothes if I am 8 months pregnant or not pregnant at all (:  I know...... not cool ):
BUT.................. even after all my complaining.  I am blessed 5 times over!  Its the end result that makes it all worth it!!


4 comments:

maeg said...

dawn I think you look gorgeous and your knee highs ROCK!

Dawn said...

Meag-
Kar said that this pic reminded her of a picture of me when I was 6 years old ....wearing the same socks!

Liz said...

I don't know how you do it after 5 pregnancies, but you still look awesome!!

Dawn said...

Thanks Liz...I don't look awesome thats my point, but then again I did not start out awesome.....maybe that was the problem (: