Sunday, February 06, 2011

Dinner time update and other boring facts!

 Since we have tried our dinner goals for a week here is my update!  I am usually on my own with 4 kids for dinner, so for me, it is the most difficult part of the day for me.

::Getting dinner down in about an hour- YEA- we are for some reason doing lots better on this and we are usually done in 1 hour instead of 2.  Bronson is usually done in his usual 5 minutes and then proceeds to run around and touch every power cord or electrical circuit that he can reach.

::Using our manners-  OK so the girls can still be found running around occasionally and doing a cart wheel or two during dinner.  But, they are now asking to be excused after they are done eating and even clean up their plates and bowls (:

::Do it now rule- BIG FAT FAIL.  I am not sure how to enforce this one unless I am on them 24/7 to pick up everything they touch.  And due to fixing dinner with 4 crazies and feeding them.....its looking like this one is going to sit on the back burner till I get another brilliant idea.

ON OTHER NEWS::

I was just realizing the other day HOW MUCH KIDS EAT!  Seriously....
  • If we have eggs in the morning we scramble 18 eggs
  • French toast is at least an entire loaf of bread
  • We got through a "bunch" of bananas EVERY SINGLE DAY.
  • If we have oatmeal or cream of wheat I make 8 servings and usually either Alan or I do not get ANY!
I cannot imagine the boys eating this much and then the girls growing and eating even more....there is no end in sight.....I am saving my coupons!!

p.s.  That is a Pummelo in the pictures....They are a HUGE grapefruit that is not so tart and Kendall and Reese LOVE THEM!



2 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! That is a lot of food!! I cannot image doing dinner by myself with 4 kids! I feel like superwoman if I can even get dinner made before Craig gets home because I can't keep up with 2 of them and make dinner too, much less get them fed. You are doing great!!

Dawn said...

Liz...You would think it would not be so hard since I have an 8 and 7 year olds, but they cause as much trouble as the 1 and 3 year old ):
AND dinner is not super spectacular here...its usually something easy!