Sunday, May 09, 2010

Our inheritance

We have always dreamed of having a piano. The chances of getting one have been slim. However, when Alan's Grandma passed away we found out that no one wanted her piano. What luck! We are now the pound owners of her beloved piano. This mother's day I have thought alot about her. I am glad the girls got to know her and I am thankful that I knew her long enough to hear her play on her piano. She played by ear and if you could sing it she could play it. I think the musical talent got passed to Alan! Every time the girls are playing on it I think of her. It is an old beat up piano probably 50 years old and we LOVE it! Thank you grandma. So here are a few pics of what we where up to this mother's day: Savannah and Bronson being pulled around the kitchen on a blanket. This is Bronson's MOST favorite game right now.
Alan made us all dinner. This year I handed him the recipes that I wanted for dinner. Our favorite were the homemake blueberry muffins. They were soooo good. He also made some whole wheat buttermilk pancakes from scratch with stawberries! I love breakfast!! It is my most favorite meal! Now that I know my husband is capable of cooking up some good homemade food...I might request it more that just once a year!
Here is the recipe for the Blueberry muffins.

2 comments:

Liz said...

How exciting to get a piano! That dinner/breakfast sounds really yummy. Once of the things that stinks about bedrest is not being able to cook all of the fun and yummy stuff I see.

Dawn said...

OH MAN LIZ- I never thought about that!!! If you lived closer I would cook for you (: