Sunday, May 09, 2010

I CANNOT believe she did IT!

BEFORE!DURING:
AFTER: I could not believe it... My sweet little girl wanted to donate her hair to locks of love. Her best friend at school (did I mention I love her school and her friends) donated her hair a few months ago and she wanted to know more about it. I told her that the hair goes to make wigs for kids who get sick and don't have hair. She said, "I want to do that" So we took her in and the took off 14 inches!!! The lady kept asking if she was going to cry!! She kind of looked grumpy but I think that was to mask her complete joy when she saw herself. She was beaming when she jumped out of her swivel chair and she has been beaming ever since. There is such joy knowing her beloved hair will go to someone else and I am beside myself on how easy her hair is to do!!!!!

9 comments:

Kate and Kayden said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!! Very proud of of Kendall!

Dawn said...

It's Savannah not Kendall!

Jenn said...

Her hair is so cute! I love short hair on Lily....so easy to take care of. That's awesome she wanted to donate. Way to go Savannah.

maeg said...

Soooo ADORABLE! I love that girl! We're debating whether or not to cut the girls' hair. Aaron is definitely against the idea. And the idea of cutting Sara's hair makes me very sad. But it's such a rat's nest in the morning. Sara tells me she thinks spiders make webs in her hair at night. Scary!

Liz said...

SOOOOO Adorable!! I can't believe how long her hair was. That's great that you got some really cute before pictures too. I love the new do!

Kate and Kayden said...

AH!!! Dawn I am sorry. I so knew that was Savannah. Can you tell it was 4:45 in the morning and I was still at work. LOL

Kyle/Michelle said...

That's awesome! She looks so cute and what a great way to serve someone else. I love it!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for stopping my my blog and leaving such a nice comment!! BEAUTIFUL hair before and after so fun!!!

Emilee said...

Wow!! She looks so so so cute! And that is the sweetest story ever that she willingly gave something she loved so much to help other children. Wow again!!