Thursday, July 05, 2012

A tank rolled through town, apple bomb, and other happenings on the 4th


 Our 4th of July started early in the morning......with pancakes in the park and patriotic music!  (Hudson looks like a baby bird being fed)
 Then on to the Parade..............which was MASSIVE!  Way bigger than the ones we are use to!
 There were TONS of people
 Bronson LOVED the police and firetrucks..........but still freaks out with LOUD sounds.
 CCC-This is for you.........alot of bikers here......you should move here.....haha!




 AND then  A TANK ROLLED THROUGH TOWN!  HOW COOL!
 Down to the local park where we listened to music and ate an APPLE BOMB!  Sliced apples homemade vanilla icecream to boot!  As you can see with 7 people in only lasted about 7 seconds!

 Then onto the TRADITIONAL 4th of July CAMP OUT!  It was Savannah, Reese, and Kendall.
They got to sleep in the backyard with their Dad while Me and the boys slept in our beds.  A WIN-WIN in my book!


 They day ended with smores in our fireplace.  Note to self:  The super huge marshmallows they sell in the store look fun.  However, they are WAY to big to roast and WAY to big to eat!

8 comments:

CCC said...

Love the parade photos, but now I know I can never live there. My husband would NEVER get off his bike. I have to have some wintertime to slow him down a bit. That apple bomb looks awesome. We need cool stuff like that here. On another note, we went to the beach at Bear Lake this weekend and when we got there, my kids asked if they could go see Reese and Bronson. (Because they live at ALL the beaches. :)

Dawn said...

SO FUNNY!!! Your kids are adorable and if you moved here you would have to take up biking so you could see your husband.....I will compromise and he can come up and stay for a few months for some competitions...OK?

Jenn said...

So what city are you living in? Looks like such a fun time!

Dawn said...

Come and visit! Half way between LA and San Diego!

Jenn said...

I would love to visit sometime. Part of me would even love to live in Cali: close to the beach, moderate weather, lots to do.....if only it weren't so expensive and crowded! :) Anyway, I think Sandy Meyer, from high school, lives over near Temecula/Winchester and my best friend's sister lives in Trabuco Canyon, just up in the hills (east) from Mission Viejo. I'm always jealous of her pictures! Enjoy. Do you know how long you will be there, or is it an indefinite thing right now?

Dawn said...

Jenn-
Such a small world!! I have NO idea how long we will be here for....just playing it day by day...we are renting a house here and we have renters in our home in Utah!

Liz said...

I totally agree on the marshmallows! We tried those huge ones and they were definitely too huge for the smores! Love all of the fun stuff you are doing! We are planning a trip to CA in 2 years, so if you are still there by then, we will have to come visit! :)

Dawn said...

For sure Liz! I have NO IDEA where we will be in 2 years....but I hope to see ya before then ):