Monday, April 16, 2012

1414.6 miles later

Lessons learned after 1414.6 miles
(Bronson, Kendall, and my Dad)

*This was my first solo spring break/trip with 5 kids*
-I must really love my family to drive so stinkin far
-Always check your breaks a week before you want to leave (my breaks were GONE and I found that out the day before we left)
-Listening to barbie and strawberry shortcake movies gets really old after an hour!
-There is a reason why I don't feed my kids dairy
-Always pack EXTRA undies...in case your child has some issues (see above) and you have to leave the soiled ones in a rest stop in the middle of no where (:  
-You have every right to laugh at the child walking in soiled undies to the bathroom...after all you have to clean it all up!!
-Educate your children on what a urinal is used for.  In case you have to divide up and send a few kids into the men's bathroom.  Only to find out later that Kendall and Bronson washed their hands in the weirdest sink with water trickling down the back of it!! 
(YIKES) Ok so I did scrub their hands and arms but, only after we laughed so hard we were all crying!!
-Long car trips makes for close families
-I learned how even more AMAZING  our kids are!!
Thanks for the memories!!

3 comments:

maeg said...

OH MY GOODNESS! That made laugh so hard! Good for you for taking that trip! They're hard but always worth it. Love the picture of GPA :)

Dawn said...

That was my FAVORITE picture of ALL time!!
It was worth it for the memories and alot of them to laugh at (:

Liz said...

Are you kidding me?? You seriously took all 5 kids on a trip by yourself? You are amazing! I can't believe all of the fun stuff you do with your kids- especially on your own. And the urinal story is simply priceless! That should come in handy in the future, I'm sure! :)